SNOW DODGERS SPONSOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sponsors MUST attend the annual Sponsor Orientation and sign a
confirmation that they have read and will follow the Snow Dodgers Sponsor
Responsibilities sheet and the Snow Dodgers 2019 Season Program Rules and
- Sponsors are required to attend the Saturday ski trips for which they are
scheduled. If a sponsor cannot attend on their scheduled date, it is their
responsibility to find a substitute, the earlier the better, and notify the
Secretary, Jill Kocol at 303-324-6473 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSTITUTES MUST BE AUTHORIZED SNOW DODGER SPONSORS.
- Sponsors must arrive at least 15 minutes before the morning departure time.
Sponsors should be back at the base area no later than 3:00pm to facilitate
getting students on the bus. Check the lodge area, bathrooms, and lockers for
stragglers. Kids should be on the bus by 3:15. Everyone should be on the bus
- Bus sponsors will check every child onto the bus, and have a head count. The
sponsor is responsible for the same children making it back on the same bus.
If a child is going home other than on the bus, an alternate transportation form
needs to be filled out and signed by the snow dodger parent.
- A sponsor (bus or truck driver) must remain at the last bus stop until all
children are picked up. At intermediate stops the bus or truck driver must
remain until all children are picked up or left with a responsible Snow Dodger
parent. If the wait is longer than 20 minutes, please call the parents and the
- Bus emergencies; Pam Wolf, Transportation Director,(720) 810-1764, and the
Snow Dodger president.
- A bus sponsor may be accompanied by their children between the ages of
kindergarten through 2nd grade. Under age sponsor children desiring to ski
may purchase a lift ticket at the $20 Snow Dodgers rate. If you wish for your
under age child to attend ski school, please contact Loveland Ski School at
least one week in advance.
- Sponsors who are not scheduled to work may ride the bus. They may also
purchase a ticket for themselves for $20, IF THE RIDE THE BUS AND ARE
WILLING TO ASSIST THE SCHEDULED SPONSORS, IF NEEDED.
- Sponsors are required to remain at Loveland throughout the day to supervise
and be responsible for the well-being of students on and off the slopes. They
should check the first aid rooms (Basin & Valley) and locker area frequently
during the day.
- Sponsors are required to perform periodic Lodge Duty. Check the schedule
before going out on the slopes. Be sure that someone is in the lodge at all
- Sponsors should respond immediately to infractions or misbehavior by a
student and fill out a disciplinary form. Bus drivers have the authority to
suspend a student if they violate the bus behavior rules. The president should
be notified for follow up.
- Sponsors will not consume alcoholic beverages at any time.
- Sponsors have the responsibility to arrange getting the bus bag to the sponsor
for that bus for the next week.
- The truck driver will make sure the appropriate colored ribbon is attached to
each equipment bag prior to loading. Extra ribbons will be carried in the bus
- Once at the area the driver will unload the equipment and lay it out for the
students to pickup. The first truck driver at the area will make sure the
equipment bag barrels are set out and the signs are by each barrel. One driver
will put the barrels and signs back in the storage area at the end of the day.
The truck drivers will load all the gear.
- Once the skis are unloaded the driver will help any of the other sponsors as
needed. Once the students have taken their equipment, the driver will survey
the area and clean up or account for any stray equipment.
- Should any stray equipment be left, the driver will contact the owner of the
equipment. If the childŐs name and/or phone number are not on the equipment
the driver will call the president. The equipment is usually transported back to
the area the next week if no provision for pickup is made.
- Bus sponsors are required to fill out the ski school form, provided in the bus
bag, each week and give it to the Loveland instructors for their lesson
QUESTIONS? Call Mark & Tiffany Dalton (720) 507-4072 OR EMAIL
NEW SCHEDULE FOR 2019 SEASON:
Please note: If you have questions please call Tiffany Dalton at 303-349-8797
Snow Dodgers will run on Saturdays starting January 26th, 2019 - March 23rd, 2019
Lessons will be January 26th - March 2nd, 2019
Online registration and one-stop payment through Loveland's online website!